Hardware / experimental MRI engineer
DeepSpin is a DeepTech startup developing next-gen MRI machines powered by machine learning. Headquartered in Berlin, we are now expanding our world-class technical team after another round of investment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team motivated to bring a life-saving technology to the 5 billion people that cannot currently afford it.
About the Role
At DeepSpin, you will be joining the operational R&D team of the Berlin office, working at the intersection of hardware and software. This team will implement the algorithms that the MRI machine relies on, design software and hardware solutions for control systems and help design the electromechanical hardware necessary to develop a completely new technological stack. You will be responsible for the entire development pipeline: modelling geometries, simulating performance metrics, assembling and troubleshooting prototypes and PCBs and coding control/correction algorithms.
Below is the background we think would best prepare you to do the job. However, at DeepSpin we value commitment and skill and for that reason our hiring process makes sure we are a good fit to each other on those, rather than on your formal background. So if you’re in doubt, know we’d love to get your application!
- MSc/PhD Degree in an applied technical field (Electrical engineering, Applied physics, etc)
- 3+ years experience in the field of magnetic resonance, preferably MRI
- Deep experience in a lab-like setting: designing, measuring and troubleshooting complex technical solutions
- Good knowledge of Matlab, Python and user-side electronics
- First principles thinking when diagnosing problems and applying research to a commercial setting
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive get-stuff-done attitude
- Preferred: postdoc or industry experience in a leading research group/company
- Preferred: proven track record with publications in top journals
What we offer:
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the world by shaping a ground-breaking product early on
- A diverse and multicultural English-first office
- A creative workplace with flat hierarchies and open communication among a cooperative team
- Working directly with the founders and the team of senior advisors supporting us (ex-McKinsey, ex-Siemens and ML/MRI professors) on cutting-edge techniques
- An entry point into the field of AI-generated medical devices
- A 50.000-70.000€ salary, a competitive stock package and 30 days of yearly vacation
- An incredible penthouse office in the center of Berlin, free lunch with the entire team, a company laptop and drinks on Friday!
To apply for this job please visit deepspin.talentlyft.com.